The Rogers' family all went camping in west fork over the 4th of July. I don't like to camp, and although I enjoyed myself during the day, I hated the drive up, the nights and the drive home. We decided to leave the day before the rest of the family and haul every one's crap up there. And we took Maddie and Kale up with us early. We loved having them along, however they started asking "Are we were there yet?" before we even left the valley. (we still had a 5 hour drive ahead of us). After all of our stops and a short detour to see Mike and Brooke at Greer Lake, we finally arrived at our camp site at 5:30pm. (I had been up until 12:30 am packing, and the baby got up at 6am) I was cranky and tired and it was getting dark fast and we still had to unload the trailer to find our stuff, set up camp, and cook dinner. (OK so I let Ben do all that while I changed, and fed Brayden.) Well we finally got to bed and of course Brayden doesn't want anything to do with the portable crib. So he sleeps with me on my cot for the next 4 nights. (needless to say I got NO sleep the entire time!) Then about 4am Ben's mom and dad come rolling into camp. They had decided to come up early too, but didn't leave home until after dinner time. So here I am with a crying baby trying to get some sleep while mom and dad set their tent up in the middle of the night! I did not wake up a happy camper. The following days were fun. All the girls went into town one day for lunch and some shopping and enjoyed sharing our most embarrassing stories with one another {STACIA you are hilarious. I am so glad to have you as part of the family. You always have such a good attitude. Waid is a lucky guy.} And I got in some reading while we were there. OK now to the drive home. After packing up and getting in our cars, Kyle realizes that his keys are in a pair of pants in a bin, in dad's trailer that left over and hour before! Nice! And you can't get cell reception for at least a 1/2 hour drive. So we sent Waid and Stacia ahead to call and catch up to mom and dad to get Kyle's keys and bring them back. We sat in our cars for 2 hours waiting to have the keys and be able to leave. So we finally get on the road. Make a pit stop in Show Low then head home through Payson. Good thing we all stuck together, because about 30 miles before Payson, Waid tells us to pull over, because our trailer tire is looking funny. Sure enough the tread is about ready to come off, so we sat on the side of the road for about 30 minutes while Ben, Kyle, Waid, and Garrett changed the tire. Good thing we had a spare. So our trip home lasted from 9am until 7pm. My poor son cried for the next 2 weeks whenever I put him in his car seat. And you wonder why I hate to camp. 




2 comments:
I love Braydens all bundled up picture, he is so cute!
Brayden looks SO adorable all bundled up, and SO cute in his pack n' play!
We really need to get together soon for a play date!
Post a Comment