First off let me apologize that this isn't a fun post and there are no pics. I know that's what you look for, so sorry...
On Sunday night my stomach started hurting, but I thought nothing of it. Then it was time for bed and my side hurt so much that I couldn't get comfy. So I sat, lay, roll, couldn't sit still on the couch for a couple of hours. It was getting late and I was so tired I figure that I would be able to fall asleep. Nope. Instead I spent the next hour vomiting. Nice. I temporarily felt better, but was back to not being comfortable 45 min later. I slept on and off (mostly off) until 7am when Brayden decided to get up for the day. After making him a bottle and putting up the baby gates I collapsed on the couch. By 9am Brayden was hungry and bored and I had no strength to peel myself from the couch. I called my mom {THE BEST MOM IN THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD} and she came right over to both our rescues. I got about an 1 1/2 of good sleep in before my mom talked to her friend who is a nurse. She said with all my symptoms that I should go to urgent care. Yeah. After the 2 hours it took to triage, register, and see the Dr. they were still unsure what exactly was going on. They gave me 2 options. Option 1: go to the ER and get some blood work and a CT that will take who knows how long. Option 2: get an IV and some meds for the nausea that should only take and hour and should relieve my symptoms. Of course I pick option 2. Who wants to go hang out at the ER if it can be avoided? That's what I thought. Well hind sight is 20/20 because 2 1/2 hours, zofran, and an IV later I was in worse pain and was sent to the ER anyway. Only now I am there 3 1/2 hours later than I could have been. I get checked in and triaged pretty quickly but anyone who has ever been to the ER can tell you that everything there takes at least 10 times longer than necessary. My journey started at 1pm at Urgent Care, it was 9pm before I finally got my CT scan. By then I was feeling much better. My appetite had returned and I was ready for diner and bed. But I settled for some water and TV. It took over an hour after the scan for the ER Dr. to finally give me my results...
Kidney Stones
While they were trying to figure out what was wrong with me all day, my body was busy passing a kidney stone. And the reason I felt better was that I passed it before they got me to the CT. However the results show there is another small stone sitting in my left kidney that could decide to pass at any time in the relatively near future. So they gave me a prescription for Percocet and sent me home. Ben and I left the ER, picked up Brayden at my parents house, and finally got home and to bed at 11:30 pm. Not the best day for the Rogers, but I don't think I can say it enough that MY MOM ROCKS!!! She really saved the day. THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!
Tuesday, October 21, 2008
Sicker than a dog
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



8 comments:
Sorry you have been so sick. I was guessing stomach flu, just because that is fresh on the brain here (everyone has had it bad!). . . so far it's passed over us (I know I am jinxing us!)
I am glad you are starting to feel better. I am waiting to see some birthday boy pictures!
And I have no idea why I haven't seen half of your posts! I haven't seen the picture one below. . . or the tag. . . where have I been?! or the iron one, although I heard the story. . . hmmm.
maybe cuz I never post... so you just stoped looking :)
Katie that is no fun! If Brayden needs to come play just let me know (your phone said you were not accepting calls today). Really of you need anything let me know.
I hope you are feeling better soon...that sounds so painful!
I LOVE Moms!! They are the best. I didn't know kidney stones could make you throw up like that. Hopefully the pain killers will work good for the next one. Let me know if you're interested in a way to help it pass faster/easier. Dave has a little process involving Coke and asparagus (not at the same time.) Yummy.
I am so glad you are ok! And Brayden looks so CUTE!! I miss him! And you! Feel better!
Hey girl! Sorry we missed your party--I sounded like it was a blast... But I'm sorry you were sick. Are you all better???
Post a Comment